Ban Krud.....

Ban Krud.....

lørdag 22. september 2012

Going south!

Had 2 long days going along the Mekong. Left Ban Pheang without a possible hangover. I skipped the wedding.....

The ride to Nakhon Phanom was great! The 212 is good here,with nice shoulder to ride on.
Some nice landscapes and even the 7/11 along the route! (aircon and cold Gatorade...)

Checked in to the nice Viewkong Hotel and got myself a riverveiw room with aircon and balcony for 500 bath.

I decided to drop my camping-gear and some spareparts to loose some weight here. Wanna go faster now. And there will be no camping. The camping-gear was ment to be an emergency-thing up in the mountains of Laos.

So the bellboy at Viewkong helped me out and took me to the postoffice and i shipped it all to Koh Lanta.

Ban Phaeng-Nakhon Phanom was 97 km. Did it in 4,50 and average was 19,5. Fast!  :-)

Left Nakhon Phanom early next morning and the 212 got better than ever! 4 lanes divided and a great wide shoulder! Just cruising very fast along this beautiful road and within 2,26 i had done 50 km to That Phanom. There was a Tesco at the crossroads,so i ha a great lunch in aircon!  :-)

Going out from That Phanom i refilled with cold drinks before i started. And i am glad i did...

The 212 was suddently a nightmare! 2 lanes and no shoulder. And traffic was bad! Buses and trucks passing me with 30 cm clearence! It felt like i would be sucked into the slip-stream and be hit by the next car everytime they passed me! And against me came traffic overtaking in full speed without noticing me at all!
I stopped to put on my Hi-Glo reflective vest,but it din not help...

So i did 30 km of hell!

I was thinking buddists would loose some good karma if they killed a cyclist,but maybe i am wrong. I will have to ask Buddah....

Well,suddently i was back in heaven: 4 lanes and a 7/11.

Last kilometers into Mukdahan was just painful,but i was so pumped with adrenaline i pushed on hard to get there.

Arrived and checked into the Submukda Grand. Nice room for 500 bath. Balcony and wifi again.

Distance: 104 km! Time: 5 hours! Average: 20,7 km/h!

Watch out Bradley Wiggins!

I am having a rest-day here. Flood-reports are coming in and they are catching crocodiles along the road i planned to go.... Snakes floating around.....

So i am heading east now,more or less. Goal is Korat in 7 days,and then i will probably do a trairide to Bkk and Petchaburi. 400 km. Planned on only doing 200 km by train,but...

This means i will end up with more than 2000 km when i arrive on Koh Lanta.

I think that is quite good. Its my first long bicycle trip,my first solo-trip,it is rainy season and i am happy.

Problems? Still the neckpain. Found an ointment in the pharmacy that helps a bit...

Next report possibly from Ubon!

Ingen kommentarer: